Friday, April 29, 2011

Inspiration

It's been a crazy week. Between traveling last weekend to visit family for the Easter holiday, the terrible weather earlier this week, and a sinus infection that has zapped my energy, I've spent zero time in the kitchen. As a case in point - Wednesday night we had cereal for dinner.

I did manage to do a little online shopping for some cooking inspiration, and I can't wait to get my hands on Kelly Geary and Jessie Knadler's Tart and Sweet: 101 Canning and Picking Recipes for the Modern Kitchen.

I experimented with water-bath canning at the end of last summer and it was a lot of fun (especially since it involved spending time with friends). It's also incredibly satisfying to open a jar of homemade salsa or jam in the middle of January and have a tangible reminder of summer's bounty.

Here's to a quiet weekend with cookbooks, sunshine, and lots of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment